So flavourful. I often forget just how easy it is to make this unforgettable dish. Always a crowd-pleaser!
Shrimp and Pork Dumplings
1 lb ground pork
1 lb shrimp (shelled and deveined), finely chopped
6 green onions, finely chopped
1.5 inch piece of ginger, grated
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 package of wonton wrappers, defrosted (this makes about 35-40 dumplings)
- For the sauce:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 TBSP (less or more to taste) Sambal Oelek
- Combine all dumpling ingredients (except wonton wrappers) in a large bowl. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Lay 6-8 squares of wonton dough on a work surface. Place about a tablespoon of filling in the centre of each square. Brush the dough with a little bit of water. Bring the dough together, lightly pinching at the top but without closing the dumpling completely. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
- Line your bamboo steamer with parchment paper. Arrange dumplings without touching and in a single layer. Steam covered on top of boiling water 6-9 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and continue with the rest of uncooked dumplings.
- For the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients together. Some like adding rice vinegar to the sauce, I prefer without.
- Serve dumplings together with your dim sum sauce.