The flavours will blow your mind. Combination of meats (beef and pork) ensures there’s enough fat in the mix to keep your kebabs nice and juicy.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cardamom
¼ tsp nutmeg
pinch of cayenne (optional)
1 tsp ground allspice
¼ cup water
4 slices bread (toasted)
1 onion (small dice)
½ cup Italian parsley
9-10 garlic cloves (minced)
16-20 bamboo sticks (soaked in water for a few hours)
- Place beef and pork in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning (salt, pepper, and the rest of the spices) evenly over the meat.
- Pour water over the meat.
- Chop the bread into very small dice.
- Chop Parsley very finely.
- Mix the bread, parsley, finely chopped onions, and minced garlic in a small bowl to infuse the breadcrumbs with flavor.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the meat.
- Mix everything at first with a fork, then dig in with your hands. You want to incorporate and mix the ingredients well (so you don’t get a huge chunk of just pork or just bread,) but at the same time you don’t want to overmix everything into a paste (as the meat will not be tender in that case.)
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight for the flavors to meld.
- Once ready, divide the mixture into 16-20 portions. Pierce each portion with a skewer and shape it into a log with your hands.
- Grill on a grill preheated to medium-high until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (should be about 10-15 minutes.) Enjoy!